Thursday, January 27, 2011

There's More Than One Way To Skin A Cat

One of the hardest things for me to do is find that 'routine' that includes healthy eating and exercise.  I think I was starting to actually find that groove, and then that nasty little thing called real life kicked in.

Last Friday, I had do the band director thing - all day, late night attending an All Region event.  Watch bands, help the kids, do that thing.  Had a good time, especially since I had Caleb with me, but it meant no gym (we left early, didn't get home until after 11:00pm.  Then, Saturday we were on a school bus at 6:45am to do the same thing. 

Then, on Sunday we traveled to Jay, OK to attend the funeral of Melissa's great Aunt Helen.  I never got to meet her, but she was a great woman by all accounts.  It was good to make the trip, but then again - no gym, eating all your meals on the road... recipe for disaster.

On the drive home, a funny (ok, not funny at all) thing happened.  We all decided to get violently sick.  Flu bug, sniffles, runny noses - and the worst is that dang pounding-the-chest cough that doesn't even allow you to get out of bed.  You know the one.  There was only one sole survivor - Meghan.  The rest of out, down for the count.

If there's ANYTHING good that come out of the flu, it's that I just didn't feel like eating.  I felt absolutely horrible and haven't wanted to eat.  That's DEFINITELY not my character.  

So, I say all of this to say, I'm back down to about that 10 pounds that I lost. 

If I end the month saying that I lost 10 pounds in January, you'd think I'd be happy about it.  But I lost that 10 pounds in 10 days (and it's the EASY water-weight pounds) and haven't done anything else since to show for it.   When I can shake this bug, I've been wanting to get back into the gym.  It's something that I started to actually enjoy again.


Hope everyone else is doing well in their weight loss adventures.  Stay tuned, I'll actually have a blog not filled with excuses sooner or later ;)

PS:  I google for my images.  The one up top is problem the nicest one I found for this blog.  When I searched "skin a cat", I didn't think they'd actually show us the actual process.  I just wanted a cute or funny picture of a cartoon cat.  Gross.

1 comment:

  1. I seem to have the same problem Rob. Life is BUSY! And without preparation...well I defintely am anything but stellar. I have come to realize that the preparation is just as important as everyday life. I have to make room for it. Schedule it in. Its crucial at this point.

    Its all trial and error right now, we each have to find what works best for us. And I know you can find what works for you! It may take a few tries to find your right...but keep at it! Because in the end what works for us one month surely isnt gong to be the same thing that works the rest of our lives. Adapting to change is part of the journey ;)

    And Im so sorry to hear the whole family was so sick. That sounded awful. Hope your all feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete